WHO WE ARE!
Since the formation of GEGG in April 2011 and Registered as a (not for profit) Association with the Government on 4 October 2012, its membership maintained under 15, are high profile professionals with diverse background. In the previous Government of U Thein Sein, one member U Set Maung became Deputy Minister of National Planning & Economic Development and later Deputy Governor of Central Bank. In the present Government of President U Htin Kyaw, three GEGG members hold posts of Union Minister- the Office of State Counsellor, U Kyaw Tint Swe; Union Minister of Construction U Win Khaing; and Union Minister of National Security U Thaung Tun.
As of March 2017 GEGG Members are:
- U Thein Tun.
- Chairman of Tun Commercial Bank, Tun Foundation and MGS Group.
Honorary Patron and Founder of GEGG.
- Dr. Nay Htun
- Former U.N. Assistant-Secretary General at UNEP and UNDP; Fellow & Visiting Professor, Imperial College London, UK.
- U Kyaw Lwin Hla,
- Director of Myanmar Telecommunication Network. Former Director, First Private Bank Ltd. and UNDP Resident Representative, U.N. Resident Coordinator.
- U Tin Htut Oo.
- Chairman of Agriculture Group of Yoma Strategic Holdings Ltd and CEO of Agribusiness and Rural Development Consultants (ARDC), Chairman of the Center for Economic and Social Development (CESD). Former Director General, Department of Agricultural Planning, Ministry of Agriculture & Irrigation and Economic Advisor to the President of the Union of Myanmar.
Director of Finance & Administration,
- U Tin Win Aung.
- Chairman, MCC Group of Companies and President, Environmental Economic Research Institute (eERI).
Director of Media and Public Relations,
- U Ko Ko.
- Chairman of Yangon Media Group and Vice President of daily vernacular “DEMOCRACY TODAY”.
U Sun Oo.
- President, Association of Myanmar Architects and Principal of Design 2000 Architects.
- Dr. Myint Thein. Council Member, Myanmar Medical Council. Former Chief Technical Adviser, Integrated Agriculture Development Project, Laos; Director General, Ministry of Agriculture & Irrigation; and President, Myanmar Academy of Agricultural, Forestry, Livestock and Fishery Sciences.
- U Aye Lwin.Chairman, Worldview International Foundation; Chartered President of Rotary Club, Yangon . Former Director General of ASEAN Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Dr. Khin Maung Lwin.
- Advisor for Public Health Domain, Ministry of Health and Sports; Honorary Professor for University of Public Health, MOHS and Advisor for National Water Resources Committee, Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar. Former Director, Central Health Education Bureau, Ministry of Health.
- U Thet Lwin Toh.Managing Director, Myanmar Voyages. Chairman, Union of Myanmar. Travel Association and Vice Chairman, Myanmar Tourism Federation.
- U Kyaw Kyaw Hlaing.Chairman, Smart Group of Companies and Chairman, Myanmar Oil & Gas Service Society.
- Col. Thaung Win (Retd.).Chairman, Energy and Renewable Energy Committee, Myanmar Engineers Society, MES; Chairman, Industrial Engineering Technical Division, MES; Chairman, National Security Technology Committee, MES; Chairman, Library, Internet and Documents Committee, MES; General Secretary, Myanmar Engineers Consultants Group; Chairman, Myanmar International Consultants Co. Ltd. and Chairman, WAFE Myanmar Engineering Services Co. Ltd.
- U Kyaw Moe Naing.
- Managing Director, Kristlite Pte. Ltd.; Kalaw Heritage Hotel, Myanmar Owner; Galaluz PTe Ltd, Singapore, Managing Director.
- U Zaw Naing.
- Managing Director, Mandalay Technology;Visiting Fellow, Center for Global Change and Earth Observation, Michigan State University, USA.
Natural Resources & Environment
Sustainable, Resilient, Inclusive, Equitable Management and Conservation of Natural Resources and protection of the Environment for the benefit of present and future generations.