WHO WE ARE!
Since the formation of GEGG in April 2011 and Registered as a (not for profit) Association with the Government on 4 October 2012, its membership maintained under 15, are high profile professionals with diverse background. In the previous Government of U Thein Sein, one member U Set Maung became Deputy Minister of National Planning & Economic Development and later Deputy Governor of Central Bank. In the present Government of President U Htin Kyaw, three GEGG members hold posts of Union Minister- the Office of State Counsellor, U Kyaw Tint Swe; Union Minister of Construction U Win Khaing; and Union Minister of National Security U Thaung Tun.
As of March 2017 GEGG Members are:
- U Thein Tun.
- Chairman of Tun Commercial Bank, Tun Foundation and MGS Group.
Honorary Patron and Founder of GEGG.
- Dr. Nay Htun
- Former U.N. Assistant-Secretary General at UNEP and UNDP; Fellow & Visiting Professor, Imperial College London, UK.
- U Kyaw Lwin Hla,
- Director of Myanmar Telecommunication Network. Former Director, First Private Bank Ltd. and UNDP Resident Representative, U.N. Resident Coordinator.
- U Tin Htut Oo.
- Chairman of Agriculture Group of Yoma Strategic Holdings Ltd and CEO of Agribusiness and Rural Development Consultants (ARDC), Chairman of the Center for Economic and Social Development (CESD). Former Director General, Department of Agricultural Planning, Ministry of Agriculture & Irrigation and Economic Advisor to the President of the Union of Myanmar.
Director of Finance & Administration,
- U Tin Win Aung.
- Chairman, MCC Group of Companies and President, Environmental Economic Research Institute (eERI).
Director of Media and Public Relations,
- U Ko Ko.
- Chairman of Yangon Media Group and Vice President of daily vernacular “DEMOCRACY TODAY”.
U Sun Oo.
- President, Association of Myanmar Architects and Principal of Design 2000 Architects.
- Dr. Myint Thein. Council Member, Myanmar Medical Council. Former Chief Technical Adviser, Integrated Agriculture Development Project, Laos; Director General, Ministry of Agriculture & Irrigation; and President, Myanmar Academy of Agricultural, Forestry, Livestock and Fishery Sciences.
- U Aye Lwin.Chairman, Worldview International Foundation; Chartered President of Rotary Club, Yangon . Former Director General of ASEAN Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Dr. Khin Maung Lwin.
- Advisor for Public Health Domain, Ministry of Health and Sports; Honorary Professor for University of Public Health, MOHS and Advisor for National Water Resources Committee, Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar. Former Director, Central Health Education Bureau, Ministry of Health.
- U Thet Lwin Toh.Managing Director, Myanmar Voyages. Chairman, Union of Myanmar. Travel Association and Vice Chairman, Myanmar Tourism Federation.
- U Kyaw Kyaw Hlaing.Chairman, Smart Group of Companies and Chairman, Myanmar Oil & Gas Service Society.
- Col. Thaung Win (Retd.).Chairman, Energy and Renewable Energy Committee, Myanmar Engineers Society, MES; Chairman, Industrial Engineering Technical Division, MES; Chairman, National Security Technology Committee, MES; Chairman, Library, Internet and Documents Committee, MES; General Secretary, Myanmar Engineers Consultants Group; Chairman, Myanmar International Consultants Co. Ltd. and Chairman, WAFE Myanmar Engineering Services Co. Ltd.
- U Kyaw Moe Naing.
- Managing Director, Kristlite Pte. Ltd.; Kalaw Heritage Hotel, Myanmar Owner; Galaluz PTe Ltd, Singapore, Managing Director.
- U Zaw Naing.
- Managing Director, Mandalay Technology;Visiting Fellow, Center for Global Change and Earth Observation, Michigan State University, USA.
What We Do!
Promoting the interconnectedness and mutually reinforcing continuum of green economy green growth and with emphasis on how to implement this transformational paradigm.
GEGG First Forum
GEGG Second Forum
- GEGG 2 Final Report Highlights
- ANNEX 1.2 The Role of Natural Capital in Economic Development
- ANNEX 1.3 Enabling Low Carbon and Climate Resilient Development for Myanmar
- ANNEX 1.4 Development and Private Sector financing
- ANNEX 2.1 Renewable and Low-carbon Energy For People and Businesses Green Growth in Myanmar
- ANNEX 2.5 Forests and People for Sustainability and Equity
- ANNEX 3.1 Integrated Land Use Planning and Management
- ANNEX 3.2 Planning for Low-carbon Pathways: LEAP Long -range Energy Planning Systems: REAP
- ANNEX 3.3 Water Evaluation and Planning System, WEAP : A tool for Sustainable Water Analysis
- ANNEX 3.4 Economics, Environment, and Research Methodologies: Improving Natural Resource Management in Southeast Asia
- ANNEX 3.5 Governance of Extractive Industries for Sustainable Development and Poverty Eradication
- ANNEX 3.6 Long distance and E-learning for Green and Sustainable Development
GEGG Third Forum
MOECAF SI WWF GEOSPATIAL TRAINING WORKSHOP
ASEAN GPI SEMINAR
OUR ENABLING & CATALYTIC ROLE
“WHAT WE DO” ADDENDUM FINAL
The catalytic and enabling role included facilitating numerous meetings with Union Ministers, Deputy Ministers and Director-Generals for:
- Smithsonian’s Conservation Biology Institute Director and Senior Scientists to reintroduce its collaborative research and training programme as well as the MoU for collaboration. Specifically,the following activities were resulted:
- Holding of one week MOeCAF Geographical Information System / Remote Sensing Training Workshop in Yezin 17-21 June 2013 sponsored and actively participated by Smithsonian Institution (SI) and the World Wildlife Fund (USA).
- The Smithsonian Institution, UNDP and GEGG-Myanmar Association supported the Union Civil Service Board on the programme agenda including provision of resource persons for the ASEAN Seminar on Green Productivity Improvement, at Pyin Oo Lwin from 17 -21 March 2014. It was attended by 34 participants/delegates from 7 ASEAN countries and a representative from the ASEAN Secretariat. The Seminar was a direct result of decision reached at 16 ACCSM Meeting held in Langkawi, Malaysia on 11-12 April 2011, when Myanmar agreed to host this seminar during the ASEAN chairmanship year of 2014.
- WWF’s Vice President and Directors to implement projects and to establish for the first time a Country Office.
- ADB’s May 2012 informal High-level Dialogue bi-laterally with eight Union Ministers. The ADB team of 11 persons, led by the Director-General Southeast Asia Department, included the Deputy Director-General, the Chief Economist and six Directors. Arrangements were also made for the ADB team to meet with Yangon Region Ministers and the President and Vice –Presidents of the UMFCCI.
- GEGG Myanmar also facilitated in project formulation of ‘Ten-year Strategic Framework for Natural Resource Management’ following the 13 & 14 March 2014 MoECaF Technical Consultation in Nay Pyi Taw with relevant Stakeholders to formulate and implement a GEF – PIF project. A project scoping and preparation meeting was held with the Regional Government in Dawei on 18 June 2014. The first phase will be an integrated ‘Ridges to Reefs’ landscape and seascape programme with focus on the Tanintharyi area. Ongoing projects by a number of international and national NGO Stakeholders will be partners. MoECaF is the lead Government Agency. UNDP, Smithsonian and GEGG Myanmar Association are major supporters. The establishment of a Myanmar Green Growth Fund (MGGF) is being considered.
Natural Resources & Environment
Sustainable, Resilient, Inclusive, Equitable Management and Conservation of Natural Resources and protection of the Environment for the benefit of present and future generations.